Thursday 15 February 2024

Accept (and work on) your weaknesses

There are some things that I am really good at and some things that I'm really bad at.

Generating ideas: great.

Reviewing my punctuation: good.

Dialogue: okay.

Getting through a full edit: bad.

Avoiding cliches: bad.

When editing, I'll still review the areas I'm strong in. I can't expect that I will get them all perfect on my first draft.

My weaker points need more attention. These are the areas that I need to read books about, take courses about, and ask someone to pay special attention to when reading my work.

We all have our strengths and our weaknesses.

Don't be afraid to admit yours and then work on them. With enough work, maybe they'll eventually move to your strengths and you'll find other weaknesses to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment